Tens of thousands of Northants residents voted in the prestigious Muddy Stilettos Awards 2016 with deserving winners being announced in mid June. The award-winning lifestyle blog Muddy Stilettos, celebrates the very best places, spaces and businesses across 11 counties and the Northamptonshire arm received a huge amount of interest, despite its relatively recent launch in February.
The prestigious Muddy Stilettos Awards – in their fourth year in Bucks & Oxon – in only their first year in Northants, saw over 20,000 voters in the region across 30 categories of their favourite local businesses in what turned out to be a highly-contested competition.
Anna-Lou Dearden, Editor of Muddy Stilettos Northants says: “The 2016 Awards have been a phenomenal success. These plucky high street businesses are the heart of the community and the locals are basically saying a big ‘thank you’ to them through their support. It’s been a really busy couple of weeks and I have been genuinely moved by the passion and verve of both the readers of Muddy Stilettos and the businesses involved. I will be pouring a very large gin on once we have toasted all of our winners.”
An awards evening was held at the New Lodge Vineyard in Earls Barton on Thursday 16th June to present each winner with a Muddy Stilettos Awards rosette.
Included were delicious canapés from pastry gurus Pidy combined with the awesome culinary talents of The Devine Betty’s; all washed down with scrumptious cocktails from The Little Gin Company. For those who took a liking to things other than gin, they had a little wine tasting courtesy of New Lodge Vineyard and samples of traditional English beer from Hart Family Brewery. Local photographer, Jen of Photos by Jen, photographed the event (photos pictured) and the larger than life Gabriela Sica brought Smiley Booth Northants to the event. To finish off there were some yummy, sweet nibbles from chef/artist extraordinaire, Andy Kelly (Sophia’s Northampton) and marvellous Muddy cup cakes from Gardners Bakery, Kingsthorpe.
Congratulations to everyone who look part in the event including some of the Northampton Life Magazine regular advertisers; the Bread and Pullet who won ‘Best Casual Dining’ and Lara Boot Hairdressing who narrowly missed out on ‘Best Hair Salon’.
To keep up to date on all of the goings on at Muddy Stilettos click here.
- BEST ART GALLERY – VITREUS ART
- BEST BAKERY – THE GIANT CUPCAKE SHOP
- BEST BAR – THE OLIVE LOUNGE
- BEST BEAUTY SALON – GLAM R US
- BEST BOOKSHOP – NOT JUST WORDS
- BEST BOUTIQUE STAYS – THE FRENCH PARTRIDGE
- BEST CAFÉ – THE GOOD LOAF
- BEST CASUAL DINING – BREAD & PULLET
- BEST CHILDREN’S BUSINESS – POPSY & PEANUT
- BEST COMPLEMENTARY THERAPY CENTRE – BLOSSOM BEAUTY
- BEST DAY SPA – GRAFTON SPA AND WELLNESS
- BEST DELI – THE ITALIAN SHOP
- BEST DESTINATION PUB – THE LAMPLIGHTER
- BEST EMPORIUM – THE YARDS
- BEST FAMILY ATTRACTION – STANWICK LAKES
- BEST FITNESS INSTRUCTOR – ADAM HALE
- BEST LOCAL PRODUCER (FOOD/DRINK) – FRIARS FARM
- BEST LOCAL PRODUCER (CREATIVE) – BONFIRECHERRY
- BEST FLORIST – ROCKABILLY ROSE
- BEST GIFT SHOP – THE YARDS
- BEST HAIR SALON – SALONISTA
- BEST INTERIORS STORE – BELLS OF NORTHAMPTON
- BEST JEWELLERY STORE – BIJOUX JEWELS
- BEST LARGE HOTEL – THE STANWICK HOTEL
- BEST MEN’S BOUTIQUE – UNION
- BEST RESTAURANT – THE CHURCH BAR & RESTAURANT
- BEST THEATRE – ROYAL & DERNGATE
- BEST WINE STORE – HART FAMILY BREWERS
- BEST WOMEN’S BOUTIQUE – BERTIES
- BEST YOGA/PILATES STUDIO – STACY COLES